Congratulations to the following Blitman & King attorneys who have been named as 2011 Super Lawyers for New York:
- Charles E. Blitman, Employee Benefits/ERISA
- Bernard T. King, Employment & Labor
- Daniel E. Kornfeld, Employee Benefits/ERISA
- James R. LaVaute, Employment & Labor
- Donald D. Oliver, Employment & Labor
- Jules L. Smith, Employment & Labor
- Kenneth L. Wagner, Employment & Labor
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Each year Super Lawyers magazine publishes the names of attorneys in each state who receive the highest point totals in their respective practice areas.
The selection process for Super Lawyers is a rigorous, multiphase rating process including peer nominations, evaluations, and independent research. Candidates are evaluated based on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement including verdicts, settlement and transactions, representative clients, experience, honors and awards, special licenses and certifications, position within law firm, bar and other professional activity, pro bono and community service, scholarly lectures and writings, education and employment background, and other outstanding achievements.