Well regarded for his written and oral advocacy skills, Nathaniel G. Lambright has been recognized as a rising star for his work on behalf of private and public sector unions and individual employees.
Nat represents unions in both the private and public sector in a broad variety of labor and employment matters, including collective bargaining, labor arbitrations, proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board and the Public Employment Relations Board, employment discrimination matters before state and federal agencies and in state and federal court, ERISA litigation, and wage and hour matters.
In addition, Nat represents individual employees and executives in all employment matters including employment and severance agreements, wrongful termination and employment discrimination.
Prior to joining the firm, Nat served as a judicial clerk for the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of the State of New York in the Third Judicial Department and was a Notes and Comments Editor for the Syracuse Law Review. He also worked for the New York State United Teachers.
In his spare time, Nat—a native Central New Yorker—enjoys hiking, mountain biking and spending time with his family.
- Successfully defended several different unions against numerous age, sex and duty of fair representation claims.
- Obtained positive results on behalf of individual employees and executives in breach of contract and wrongful termination claims as well in severance package negotiations.
- Successfully litigated dozens of arbitrations on behalf of unions in matters involving the interpretation of the collective bargaining agreements as well as the discipline of bargaining unit members.
- Negotiated dozens of contracts on behalf of public and private sector unions.
- New York State Bar Association, 2010 Public Sector Labor Relations Program, “Employee Speech In The Public Sector Post-Garcetti”
- Union Steward Seminar, 2010, “Employment: Your Rights and Responsibilities”
- Union Steward Seminar, 2009-2010, “Sexual Harassment & Retaliation: Your Rights and Responsibilities”
- Labor and Employment Relations Association, 2009, “Labor and Employment Law Update”
- Onondaga County Bar Association, 2009 Presentation, “Unemployment Insurance Law”
- Union Steward Seminar, 2009, “Union Representation: Responsibilities and Strategies”
- New York State Bar Association, Fall 2007 Meeting, “Oakwood and the New Standards for Defining Supervisor”
- “Best Practices Under GML §207-a and 207-c,” 2006
Onondaga County Bar Association; New York State Bar Association (Labor & Employment Law Section, 5th Judicial District Representative); American Bar Association (Labor & Employment Law Section); Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association; Central New York Committee on Occupational Safety and Health (Steering Committee Member); AFL-CIO Lawyers Coordinating Committee; Labor and Employment Relations Association of Central New York