Blitman & King’s
Employee Benefits Law
Practice is comprised of 10 attorneys, as well as several other professionals, who work full time on all types of ERISA, employee benefits and executive compensation matters. As a leader in the employee benefits industry, we use our comprehensive knowledge and technical skills to assist our clients with complex and significant benefit matters.
Our experience covers all aspects of employee benefits law, including tax-qualified defined benefit and defined contribution plans; nonqualified deferred compensation plans; insured and self-insured welfare benefit plans (including health, life insurance, disability, and individual account plans); cafeteria plans; executive compensation arrangements; and employment agreements.
- Counsel to multi-billion dollar pension funds.
- Successfully designed, created and obtained regulatory approval of a cutting-edge welfare benefit plan with multiple employer participation.
- Negotiated a severance package and agreement for a senior executive of a Fortune 500 company.
- Successfully defended a multiemployer pension plan against the Department of Justice, having several hundred thousand dollars in penalties abated.
- Counsel to the employee benefit plans of professional athletes.
- Established nonqualified deferred compensation plans for tax-exempt entities with significant assets.
- Counsel to VEBAs with individual assets exceeding $500 million.
- Negotiated an employment agreement for a senior executive in conjunction with a change in control.
Our employee benefit lawyers have received the following recognition or awards:
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Who’s Who Legal Awards
- Charter Fellow of the American College of Employee Benefits Counsel
- Former Chairs of American Bar Association’s Employee Benefits Committee
- New York Super Lawyers
- AV Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
Blitman and King Employee Benefits Law, proudly serving Syracuse, Rochester and Albany, NY.