Blitman & King’s Employment Group is on the cutting-edge of the constantly evolving and complicated regulation of the workplace. Our group’s experience and skill set covers a wide variety of employment related matters that includes providing employment-related advice and handling employment controversies.
We are well recognized for providing advice on a broad and far reaching basis with respect to all types of employment matters including confidentiality agreements, deferred compensation, employee benefits, employment agreements, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, medical leave, retaliation, severance and severance agreements and wage and hour.
In addition to counseling clients, we have extensive experience resolving employment disputes through mediation, arbitration and litigation, including collective and class actions. Our body of employment litigation work includes a broad array of claims involving breach of contract, compensation, constructive discharge, defamation, discrimination, disability, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, wage and hour, trade secrets, whistleblower claims, wrongful termination, and termination with cause.
- Successfully handled a dispute between a senior level executive and a multi-billion dollar company involving compensation, trade secrets and non-competition restraints.
- Successfully litigated a series of related race discrimination, disparate treatment, hostile work environment and retaliation claims where the federal district court granted summary judgment in our favor and the Second Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed.
- Successfully handled class action involving age discrimination and a Fortune 500 utility company.
- Successfully litigated a whistleblower claim involving a high-level state employee and the provision of information to the FBI about potential graft in a state program the employee audited.
- Successfully litigated a federal wage and hour class action involving public sector employees in connection with work performed during and prior to scheduled shifts.
- Successfully litigated various state-law tort claims based on alleged wrongdoing by employees where the federal district court granted summary judgment in our favor and the Second Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed.
- Successfully handled class action involving retiree health benefits and a Fortune 100 manufacturing company.
- Successfully handled a reverse race discrimination case and obtained an award of attorneys’ fees.
have received the following recognition or awards:
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Who’s Who Legal Awards
- Charter Fellows of the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- Former Chairs of the American Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Law Section
- New York Super Lawyers
Former Chairs of the New York State Bar Association’s Labor and
- Former Chair of the American Bar Association’s Equal Employment Opportunity Committee
- AV Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell