We represent a wide array of individuals including executives, physicians, professors, coaches and other professionals involved in complex employment disputes. These disputes may take the form of informal negotiations, confidential arbitrations, litigation, and anything in between. Because we are respected litigators we are also able to achieve favorable outcomes through the use of alternative dispute resolution mechanisms including negotiation, arbitration and mediation.
We are skilled at handling disputes involving all types of compensation including cash, stock, bonuses, deferred compensation and golden parachutes. These types of disputes are often tied to the characterization and grounds for termination, including involuntary terminations with or without cause and voluntary resignations for good reason.
In addition, we are experienced in matters related to entering and exiting partnerships, disputes over the scope and enforceability of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, the use of trade secrets and other confidential information as well as charges of interference with business relations.
For more information on our Individual & Executive Disputes Practice, you may visit the Employee’s Briefcase at www.employeesbriefcase.com.
The following are examples of employment-based disputes we have handled on behalf of a variety of individuals:
- Represented a senior level executive of a multi-billion dollar real estate development company in a dispute involving compensation, the use of trade secrets and confidential information and the application of non-competition restraints;
- Represented various individuals in breach of contract disputes related to employment and severance agreements including entitlement to compensation thereunder and termination;
- Represented a physician in an employment-based free speech case and obtained a multi-million dollar settlement;
- Represented a high-level state employee that was awarded back pay, emotional distress, punitive damages and attorneys’ fees. We litigated the claim to a judgment that the employee was demoted based on providing the FBI information about potential graft in a program the employee audited;
- Represented a senior executive of a target company in a dispute to entitlement of compensation upon a change in control in the form of a corporate acquisition;
- Represented a female deputy sheriff that was awarded back pay, emotional distress and attorneys’ fees after we litigated to judgment her claim that she was terminated from her position because of her gender;
- Represented an individual against claims of theft of business secrets and other business torts brought in state court. On the eve of trial, the matter was settled on terms favorable to our client; and
- Represent various executives and physicians contesting the enforceability of non-competition agreements and provisions.